COPY -ONLY THE ANSWERS- IN A SHEET OF PAPER:
A – FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH THE PAST SIMPLE OF THE VERBS IN BRACKETS:
- When I ___________ (be) in Japan I ___________ (find) everything very different.
- Two years ago my parents _________ (buy) a new car.
- Last summer Peter ________ (spend) his holidays in a summer camp with his friends. They _________ (go) swimming, they _________ (play) football and golf they _______ (visit) many interesting places.
- My sister ________ (get) a good job in a bank
- Susan and her cousins ___________ (come) to Portugal ten years ago.
B – COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH THE PAST SIMPLE (AFFIRMATIVE / NEGATIVE / INTERROGATIVE) OF THE VERBS IN BRACKETS:
- My sister and her husband _________ (come) from Greece.
- I __________ (not like) the U2 concert.
- My cousin __________ (phone) from France yesterday evening.
- On Monday Johann ___________ (go) to school on foot.
- (they / leave) ___________ the country last Saturday?
- (you / like) _____________ the film?
- They _________ (not finish) the homework yesterday.
- (she / go) _____________ to the cinema with her parents last night? No, she didn’t. She ___________ (stay) at home. She __________ (get) a cold.
- We _________ (go) to Spain y car.
- I _____________ (have) a wonderful holiday with my family last July.
- (you / travel) _________ to Madrid by car or by plane?
- Many years ago it __________ (be) very difficult to live without electricity.
- Last year they _______ (buy) a house at the seaside.
- I __________ (meet) him the day before yesterday.
C – CHOOSE THE BEST OPTION FOR EACH OF THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES:
ü Mrs. Harris __________ the last train.
a) Take b) took c) did take
ü There ________ many people here last night.
a) Was b)were c) wasn’t
ü He _________ at home with me yesterday evening.
a) Were b) was c) be
ü She ___________with her family on holidays.
a) Go b) did go c) went
ü He ___________ some books and CDs.
a) Brought b) bought c) did buy
ü They __________ their passports at home.
a) Leave b) did leave c) left
ü She ________some interesting photos.
a) Take b)taken c) took
ü It __________ a good present.
a) Were b) was c) is
ü ___________ (she /arrive) home at 5:30?
a) Did she arrived b) did she arrive c) arrived